What is ALVILA Skills?
ALVILA Skills is a framework for rapid graphic user interface (GUI) creation for Eclipse-based applications. While the
developer’s attention can remain fully focused on the definition of the system functionality, Skills ensures production of a quality user interface (UI) for it.
What are the benefits of ALVILA Skills?
With ALVILA Skills it is possible to speed up development of applications together with much less time and money invested in user interface design, because in most cases generation mechanism covers major part of UI creation. The developer can devote himself/herself especially to the functions of the developed software instead of user interface definition, since ALVILA Skills hides a lot of UI implementation details such as UI updating, undo/redo actions, layout of widgets or error markers.
How it works
- The developer defines desired functionality and properties of developed software as a domain model.
- Skills generates UI definition model.
- The details can be customized by the developer if needed.
- New UI is ready to use in the application.
- All important widgets – multi-line text field, checkbox, combo, text viewer and combo viewer, date and time widget, button, list, hyperlink, tree.
- Lazy content providers improving performance if processing big models.
- Customization of created UI properties.
- Several tools for UI definition model update after changes in domain model.
- Read-only version of UI.
- Automatic validation of data input and UI model.
- Data filters.